Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Dipping More Toes

Getting footage for eve machinima or images for general use can be a pain in the ass. You can spend weeks looking for good pvp footage, and hours trying to get the scenic stuff just right. Not to mention Gigs upon gigs of files :rolleyes:.


As a result I've kind of gotten all pissy with frapsing stuff and of late and have been looking back to my college days and what little I learned there about 3D software, namely Maxons' Cinema 4D. It's a fickle and rage inducing program at the best of times and makes me want to pull my own teeth out with a set of pliers... and yet, I'm really quite enjoying it. The feeling of satisfaction when you figure out what you were doing wrong or understand a new tool is like a game in itself. I find myself burning hours and hours just moving little models about on a screen, it's almost like i'm 10 years old again playing with my toy tanks!


Anyway here's a few pieces I've come up with so far. I'm still pretty fresh to it, if you'll forgive the pun, so video is a little ways off yet but I'm getting better everyday and am really quite pleased with how these two turned out.


Caldari Mining Outpost
http://i.imgur.com/pJJQG.jpg

Dark Amarr Cathedral
http://i.imgur.com/uJv3m.jpg
More to come soon! Lemme know what you think!

1 comment: